Bio Oil Reviews
Bio oil is a skin care product that claims to improve the appearance of stretch marks, scars, pigmentation and other skin tone problems.
It also claims to be effective on dehydrated skin as well as signs of aging. Bio Oil is a mixture of several natural oils that have regenerating effects on the skin.
What Bio Oil Is and What It Does
Bio Oil is not a new product. It was originally designed in the 1950s and sold in Sweden. Over time, the product grew in popularity and was exported throughout the world. The popularity of any item that claims to be able to eliminate stretch marks should come as no surprise. No one wants to deal with such unsightly blemishes and discolorations. However, this is a product that does not completely live up to its reputation.
The reputation that the product possesses is that Bio Oil is a ‘catch all’ solution for various skin problems beyond just the issues related to stretch marks. There are claims that it can reduce scars, hydrate dried skin, and also even out discolorations in skin tone. This would all indicate that the product is a true ‘wonder solution’ but this is assuredly not the case as the manufacturer claims.
Bio Oil does have some value in terms of aiding the skin to remain healthy but it is not going to over deliver on consumer expectations.
Bio Oil Ingredients and How the Product Works
There are certainly a number of very helpful ingredients in Bio Oil that are known to improve skin appearance and health. No one would deny this. However, the extent in which the product is helpful can be considered somewhat contentious. Two of the main ingredients found in the product are vitamin A and vitamin E. Chamomile Extract is also included which is commonly noted for provided a soothing quality to the skin. However, the main unique ingredient in Bio Oil is PurCellin Oil.
PurCellin Oil is a binding component that keeps the ingredients of Bio Oli stacked together for maximum absorption. It aids in keeping the skin from drying and is a non-greasy solution. The inclusion of PurCellin Oil is reported to help the ingredients of the product absorb into the skin with little difficulty. But, do not assume that PurCellin Oil is a ‘wonder ingredient’ in any way. It will not boost the effectiveness of what are a number of common, mundane skincare ingredients.
Also, PurCellin Oil does not really deliver anything revolutionary in terms of the composition of the cream. In reality, Bio Oils’ texture is not much different from a number of products on the market.
- While somewhat overrated, PurCellin Oil’s inclusion does allow Bio Oil to stand out from the crowd of other stretch marks, skin blemish products.
- Again, this is a non-greasy topical solution which certainly is a positive. Who really wants to drench themselves in an oily substance when an alternate exists on the market?
- Bio Oil deserves a lot of credit for trying to deal with various problems that impact the skin.
- The product overpromises in terms of the many multitudes of skin treatments that can be delivered by using this particular topical solution. It is doubtful that Bio Oil can reverse scarring considering only cosmetic surgery can be considered a reliable scar removal process.
- Some may be concerned about the inclusion of vitamin A since as oral prescription forms of the vitamin have proven problematic for some.
It has been reported that a number of test subject that used this topical solution have suffered instances of skin irritation and redness. The manufacturers of the product claim that such instances are rare. Those with sensitive skin might wish to be wary about using a product that can lead to irritated skin conditions.
While the product is indeed affordable and great on the skin, it’s effectiveness has often been disputed and even disproved by many users of the product.
While it may work for preventive purposes, it is not recommended for people who want to reduce or erase the appearance of their stretch marks effectively.
To see which products have been rated highest by users and experts, keep reading below…